Fifth Annual Professional Identity in Nursing Event
Symposium 2023: Professional Identity in Nursing: What’s in it for me?
September 18-20, 2023
This event is hosted by the International Society for Professional Identity in Nursing (ISPIN) at the University of Kansas School of Nursing.
KU School of Nursing
3901 Rainbow Blvd
Kansas City, KS 66160
Join us to hear the newest science, trends, and thinking about Professional Identity in Nursing in practice, education, and research. Sponsored by the International Society for Professional Identity in Nursing (ISPIN), this in-person/virtual conference welcomes all US and international students and nurses, to learn and engage with the Professional Identity in Nursing initiative.
Participants will be able to:
- Discuss the state of the science for professional identity in nursing.
- Explore strategies to form and foster professional identity in nursing.
- Describe effective teaching and learning strategies for professional identity in nursing to use in education and practice.
- Identify ways to enhance collaboration between nursing education, practice, and research.
Please note: This event is still in the planning stages. Check back for updates.
We invite your e-poster or paper poster abstract submissions. Submission deadline July 1, 2023, Midnight CT.
The International Society for Professional Identity in Nursing and the KU School of Nursing host an annual Professional Identity in Nursing event in the fall. The latest event, Symposium 2022: Cultivating Professional Identity in Nursing, was held September 12-14, 2022. Please check back for updates on the 2023 event.
Prior events’ proceedings can be found below.
- 2022 Symposium Proceedings (pdf)
- 2021 Symposium Proceedings (pdf)
- Virtual Conference 2020 Proceedings (pdf)
- Think Tank 2019 Proceedings - (pdf)
- Think Tank 2018 Proceedings - (pdf)