How to Apply
Here are the steps to apply to the KU Nursing Bachelor of Science in Nursing program.
Before you start your application, review our application requirements and process below.
BSN Admissions Overview
The application for the class entering Fall 2023 will be open from July 1, 2022 through Oct. 1, 2022. We admit one class each year for the fall semester beginning in August. You must submit all parts of the application, including transcripts and references, by the deadline.
The application process is the same for both of our campuses. We accept 114 students on the Kansas City campus and 24 students on the Salina campus.
Application Requirements and Process
1. Apply online
- Visit our online application now
- You will need to create an account in the application system if you do not yet have one.
- On the Program Information screen, select "Nursing BSN General Program."
- On the School of Nursing Supplemental screen, select your preferred campus. Location preference is given based on application material.
- Upload your resume and statement of purpose
- Provide the names and email addresses of three people from whom you wish to request letters of recommendation. Your references will be emailed with instructions for submitting their recommendation online. References should be requested from people who are able to describe your potential to be successful in the nursing program and as a nurse. Faculty, graduate teaching assistants, supervisors from work or volunteer experiences or advisers/leaders from extracurricular or community activities would all be appropriate people to ask. You should avoid asking personal friends or family members.
2. Pay the $75 nonrefundable application fee
3. Provide official transcript(s) of all college coursework
If applicable, this includes sending official scores for Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB) and College-Level Examination Program (CLEP). Submit official transcript(s) of all college coursework to:
KU School of Nursing
Mail Stop 2029
3901 Rainbow Blvd.
Kansas City, KS 66160
4. Complete the evaluation/enrollment form
All applicants who meet the Oct. 1 deadline will be emailed an evaluation of their prerequisite courses and a Spring/Summer Plans Enrollment form. You should expect to receive this email within 6-8 weeks of your completed application. Your Spring/Summer Plans Enrollment form and a copy of your fall semester grades must be returned to the School of Nursing Office of Student Affairs and Enrollment Management prior to Jan. 15. Instructions will be included in the email.
Admission Notification and Enrollment
Decisions are made by the Student Admission and Progression Committee by mid-March each year. All applicants are notified of their admission status via mailed letters and emails from the Office of Student Affairs and Enrollment Management at the KU School of Nursing.
To verify admission acceptance and secure enrollment, admitted students must submit a $200 (non-refundable) enrollment deposit. This deposit is applied to the first semester's tuition and is not an additional fee.
Active duty military personnel
If you are planning to apply to the KU BSN program through a military program (e.g. AECP, MECP or NECP), please contact Cyndie Majher at firstname.lastname@example.org for inquiries about the process.
English language requirement
All applicants for study at the University of Kansas whose native language is not English must demonstrate an established level of English language proficiency through either the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or the academic format of the IELTS (International English Language Testing System).
The test must have been taken within two years of the first semester of enrollment. When submitting test scores, please submit only original scores sent directly from the testing agency. Photocopies will not be accepted. For testing purposes, the ETS school code is 6895.
View KU Medical Center's data protection privacy notice.
View KU Medical Center's privacy statement.