Shuttle Service & Security Escorts
The shuttle is a service provided to all guests of the University of Kansas Medical Center.
Blue shuttle stops - Main campus
Operating Hours ( Effective March 16, 2023)
The shuttle operates from 4:30 a.m. to 12:15 a.m., Monday through Friday.
The bus will load and unload at each stop approximately as follows:
- Parking Lots East route of Rainbow
- 4:30 a.m. – 9 a.m. every 5 minutes
- Parking Lots West route of Rainbow
- 4:30 a.m. - 9 a.m. every 10 minutes
- Full route
- 3 p.m. – 8 p.m. every 10 minutes. stationed at Heart Hospital
Green Shuttle Route
(Effective March 16, 2023)
The Green Shuttle Route goes from:
- Main campus to
- 4601 Rainbow lot,
- then back in reverse order.
Service will start at 5 a.m. and continue until 8 p.m.
Green shuttles will run:
- Every 10 minutes from 7 a.m.-6 p.m.
- After 8 p.m.:
- For staff going to 4601 Rainbow Blvd, please use the shuttle in front of the Heart Center.
- For staff going to Westwood, please contact police dispatch at 913-588-5030 so an escort may be arranged
Main Campus On Demand Transportation Service
Utilize the TapRide App for On Demand Service During:
Request a campus shuttle or escort from the new TapRide app.
Apple Store | Google Play
Utilize the TapRide App for On Demand Service
What are the hours of service?
Off-campus police escorts are available 8 p.m.-6 a.m. daily. The boundaries are:
- Chester Avenue to the north
- State Line Road to the east
- 43rd Street to the south
- Fisher Street to the west
What if a guest or patient family member needs security escort service?
Call police dispatch at 913-588-5030 and the escort service will be provided.
What if I need a jump start or have a flat tire?
Call police dispatch at 913-588-5030.
Escort service cannot be provided into the state of Missouri.