Da Zhang, M.D.
Professor, Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
Da Zhang, Professor
Program Director of Hematopathology Fellowship
Medical Director of Bone Marrow Lab
Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Kansas Medical Center
Office Address: 3901 Rainbow Boulevard Kansas, MS3045, City KS 66160
Education and Training
- MD, Medicine, Shandong Medical University
- MSC, Master of Science, Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention, Beijing, Beijing
- Clinical Fellowship, Hematopathology, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York City, New York
- Residency, Pathology, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC
Licensure, Accreditations & Certifications
- Anatomic Pathology and Clinical Pathology, The American Board of Pathology
- Hematopathology, The American Board of Pathology
- College of American Pathologists, Fellow, 2007 - Present
- Renal Pathologist Society, Member, 2007 - Present
- Society for Hematopathology, Member, 2007 - Present
- United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology, Fellow, 2007 - Present
I have been actively involved translational research program in KUMC as a principal investor and co- principal investor in hematopoietic neoplasms and GU research. I am especially interested in Castleman's disease, lymphomas and leukemia.
- Zhang, Da. 2022. Comparison of flow cytometry and next-generation sequencing in minimal residual disease monitoring of acute myeloid leukemia: One institute's practical clinical experience.
- 2022. TMEM158 expression is negatively regulated by AR signaling and associated with favorite survival outcomes in prostate cancers
- 2022. Canonical and non-canonical Wnt signal pathway in classic Hodgkin lymphoma and the prognostic significance of LEF1, β-catenin, FZD6 and Wnt5a/b
- 2022. Morphologic, immunophenotypic, and molecular genetic comparison study in patients with clonal cytopenia of undetermined significance, myelodysplastic syndrome, and acute myeloid leukemia with myelodysplasia-related changes: A single institution experience