Skip to main content.

Diploma Name Change Request

Have you experienced a life event resulting in a name change? You can request a name change on your diploma.

Name Change on Diploma

Students may request a minor variation from the primary name of record to be printed on the diploma.

Acceptable modifications:

  • Full name to a shortened version of the name (e.g. from Stephen to Steve)
  • Inclusion of a middle name or initial

Any other exceptions must be approved by the KU Medical Center Registrar's Office.

  • In the case of students who are in multiple careers that cross campuses, the decision will be made via consultation between the Registrar's Office and Enrollment Services.
  • Names listed on the diploma must be easily identifiable with the graduate's official name.

How to Request a Name Change

In order to have your name changed or corrected on your official record, you must request the name change online or by mail.

  • Complete the Change of Name e-Form.
  • Send form, along with a copy of supporting documentation, to the Registrar's Office.

    KU Medical Center Registrar's Office
    MS 4005
    3901 Rainbow Blvd.
    Kansas City, KS 66160

    Acceptable supporting documentation must reflect the requested change and verify correct spelling. It must be a government-issued or certified document. Examples include but are not limited to:

Marriage license
Driver’s license
Divorce decree
Social security card

Registrar's Office

Registrar's Office
University of Kansas Medical Center
3901 Rainbow Boulevard
Mailstop 4005 
Kansas City, KS 66160